Sunday, April 25, 2010

LNT Shopping Center

The proposed shopping complex in Lower Nazareth Township that supervisors denied a zoning change for last month, may not be dead after all. A resident forwarded to me this letter they received:


Proposed Meeting


50 Acre Parcel of Land located between routes l9l and 946


Dear Neighbor:


I am the owner of the Selvaggio Industrial Park located off Gremar Road in the Township. I also own the fifty-acre parcel of land highlighted above.


As you probably know, I recently requested the Lower Nazareth Township Board of Supervisors (B.0.S.) to consider re-zoning this property from its present status, Light Industrial (LI), to that of General Commercial (GC). Although I sincerely believe that there are many good reasons to consider this request, the B.O.S. did not agree that the rezoning was appropriate at this time. (See article in the Express Times dated April 15th entitled, "Shopping Center Gets Shot Down."


It was apparent to me that the B .O.S. had made up its mind prior to the rneeting, and tat the decision was made without you being aware of the benefits mentioned above and formally presented at the March B.O.S. meeting.


As the owner of the property and long time businessman in the township, I would rather see the property used in a manner that benefits all within the area than in such a way that only serves the narrow interests of the owners located there. I know that the permitted uses fur the property (such as big warehouses) are unattractive and will also contribute to area traffic. Moreover, these uses carry none of the advantages that would come with the

rezoning – advantages which I believe you may not be aware of at this time.


It is for this reason that I am contacting you directly - to request a meeting with you and your neighbors in order to make my case and to receive your comments and feedback. I believe that after you truly understand the merits of this proposal you will favor it.


You are invited to meet with us here on April 29th at 6:30 pm. The meeting will be held at 630 Selvaggio Drive, Suite 510. Light refreshments will be served. If you plan to attend please RSVP by calling Vivian Vallies at (610) 759-4511 ext. 106.


Thank you,


Stephen F. Selvaggio

FROM ROSS NUNAMAKER

No comments: