Sunday, September 19, 2010

KEITH GROLLER'S WEEK 2 NFL PICKS

FROM KEITH GROLLER

I am doing a quick round of picks on the NFL games on this Sunday morning and then heading to Philly for the Phillies game.

By the way, I am picking the Phillies to beat the Nationals today, beat the Braves this week and get to the NLCS again. I think the Rockies might be a problem there, but at any rate, it's going to be an exciting few weeks for the Phillies fans -- again. It will provide at least a diversion to the coronation of Michael Vick as the greatest player to ever wear Eagles green.

By the way, I would pick either the Hellertown Royals or Gabelsville Owls to beat the Nationals today, too, -- but not the IronPigs or Pirates or maybe even my pathetic Cardinals. Time for Tony to go.

Bottom line is I will be away from TV for much of the day although I do hope to be home in time for the debut of Boardwalk Empire on HBO (I am hoping it's the new Sopranos) and I guess I will check periodically on the Manning Bowl. Many not watching the games will help my predictions.

Rico, who I dedicate these picks to every week, says I came through for him last week with a pathetic 4-10-2 against the spread, and was even a more ridiculous 7-9 outright. I was an uncharacteristic 10-5-1 on the over/under lines, however.

Suffice to say, it's a good thing I'm not in Vegas because were I betting these games and losing so much money on The Strip, there would be a tendency for me to want to hurl myself into the fake volcano that erupts in front of The Mirage every 20 minutes or so.

I know many of you wouldn't mind me taking a leap off the top of the Stratosphere, but here's hoping I stand at least as tall as the fake Eiffel Tower in front of the Paris today with these picks:

HOME TEAMS IN CAPS

DALLAS COWBOYS (-7) 26, Chicago Bears 17 -- Over/under is 41.

CINCINNATI BENGALS (+2.5) 24, Baltimore Ravens 13 -- Over/under is 40

ATLANTA FALCONS (-6.5) 31, Arizona Cardinals 14 -- Over/under is 43

CLEVELAND BROWNS (-3) 20, Kansas City Chiefs 16 -- Over/under is 38

Miami Dolphins (+5.5) 21, MINNESOTA VIKINGS 16 -- Over/under is 39

Pittsburgh Steelers (+5) 21, TENNESSEE TITANS 17 -- Over/under is 37

GREEN BAY PACKERS (-13) 31, Buffalo Bills 20 -- Over/under is 43

CAROLINA PANTHERS (-3.5) 30, Tampa Bay Bucs 10 -- Over/under is 39

Philadelphia Eagles (-6.5) 34, DETROIT LIONS 14 -- Over/under is 41

DENVER BRONCOS (-3.5) 23, Seattle Seahawks 20 -- Over/under is 40.

OAKLAND RAIDERS (-3.5) 24, St. Louis Rams 7 -- Over/under is 37

New England Patriots (-3) 20, NEW YORK JETS 10 -- Over/under is 38

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (+3) 23, Houston Texans 20 - Over/under is 44

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (-7) 24, Jacksonville 17 -- Over/under is 45

Sunday Night

INDY COLTS (-5.5) 28, New York Giants 21 -- Over/under is 48

Monday Night

SF 49ERS (+6) 23, New Orleans Saints 19 -- Over/under is 44

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

No comments: