Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Meineke offers free car clinic Sunday in Stroudsburg

FROM THE EXPRESS TIMES

I am not a car buff. Actually I am a car moron. When I bring my car to the mechanic and he asks me what's wrong, it usually goes something like this:

"Well, it's been making this bum, brum, brum, catchunka chunk kind of sound that sounds like there's a dying squirrel caught in a hose or something. And no, it's not the bass on my stereo. And then this green light shows up on the dashboard, but it goes away. And sometimes the hood smokes. And when I lift up the hood it looks like it's got all this gunk and stuff in there. Do I clean the gunk out or is that normal? I put the blue fluid in, but when do I put the pink fluid in?"

I think they have a phrase for people like me. "Better off riding the bus." And they probably also have a few names they save for after I leave.

So when I heard that Meineke Car Care Center in Stroudsburg is hosting a free car clinic from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, I was giddy.

You bring your car and they'll do a free bumper to bumper (wait, there's two?!?) inspection. They'll check the brakes, the tires, the belts, the hoses and a whole bunch of other whatchamacallits while they're at it. Hallelujah.

If they find a problem, they'll offer 20 percent off on-the-spot repairs. They're also offering oil changes for $9.95 and they'll rotate your tires.

Plus while you wait, they have plans for a car show with Ferraris and Harleys and Aston Martins (I know what those are -- that's what Prince William and Kate Middleton rode off into the sunset.) And there's talk of refreshments as well.

Interested? Call 570-213-7487 or just show up on Sunday. The Meineke Car Care Center is located at 7400 Route 611 in Stroudsburg.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/entertainment-general/index.ssf/2011/10/meineke_offers_free_car_clinic.html

No comments: