Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday!

What it means to me to Work and my History and importance of a new Wheelchair

Good Morning everyone,

I am writing today to discuss and describe how much I Would like to get out there and work and make a difference in this country, I am 26 years old and have cerebral Palsy and in a wheelchair but don’t let that fool you one bit.

If you have any ideas of helping me find Employment please let me know at nazoeagle12@yahoo.com or nazoeagle@rcn.com. I Really want to get out of my house and get out there working and making money!! You have no idea how important it is to me to get out there working. Just ask my aide Diana Back, I Think I Drive her nuts everyday because I Talk about it everyday at least once a day!! It only because I Really do want out there, I Would like to go to bed every night thinking Hey, When I Wake up the next Morning I Can go to work and being around. I Love my mom and my aide Diana but this is my house and it gets tiring to see the same walls everyday! My aide sometimes say I am tense when she says things to me and I Think it because I am downed because I Can’t find any employment which really means a lot to my heart so I Want to write this letter to really describe how much I Want to work and have a boss and co-workers I Can see everyday!!

I Do want to say Thanks to Rusty Amato at Nazareth and Alan Davis and Victor Lesky for giving me my 1st Ever PAYING JOB In my life where I Get real money, Unfortuntely the money company cuts some of my pay but I Do see some of it 2 times a year!! I Remember the night when Victor Lesky e-mailed me and said he sending my name to the school board to get approve to collect tickets!! A BIG SMILE CAME ON MY FACE And I WAS AWAKE ALL THAT NIGHT ALL EXCITED BECAUSE I WAS THINKING, I AM A REAL EMPLOYEE NOW, HOW AWESOME!!! That was the best night Ever when Victor Lesky e-mailed me!!!


Being in a wheelchair does not stop me from doing stuff that regular men and women do. I Can do so much in my wheelchair which is really amazing. I am currently in the process in getting a standing Wheelchair that will allow me to reach up high in closets and walls and file cabinets that are up high. Currently, the Insurance Company keep turning me down because they don’t think there anything wrong with this chair that I Have now. The chair I Have now is 6 years old. This the same chair from High School in 2004 and the same chair that I Had all 3 years out at the Hiram G Andrews Center in Johnstown PA Where I Went through Mud, SNOW, Sleet and all other different elements out there and out there it SNOWS Everyday from November to March so this wheelchair have had enough. The chair is giving off Pee ordor and The tires are shot and I am too big for this chair, My butt can barely fit in this chair anymore. The insurance company need to understand the importance of a wheelchair person. I Don’t want to be sitting in a road somewhere as the chair went dead forever. I am titled for a new chair every 6 years And it is 6 years now so A New Chair is Needed! Getting a standing chair would have so many benefits too. I Can stand up at anytime so my back don’t hurt all the time and I Can give my butt a break from sitting every now and then.

I Would like to talk about what it would mean for me to work. As you may know, for 3 years I Been at home everyday with my beautiful mom and a attendent name Diana Back who also helps with what I Am about to say. Everyday I Go on The Express Times, The Morning Call, Craigslist and other sites trying so hard to get a job!! I am a people person, I love being around People! All you have to do is take 1 look at me and you know I Love people!!

Currently, I Have 1 Pay Job and 2 Volunteer Jobs as of October 24, 2011 as my Paying job is with the Nazareth School As I Collect Tickets at Football and Basketball games and Wrestling Matches in which I Really enjoy because I get to see so many people when they come in!

I Also help on Saturday nights with Ross Nunamaker at the Nazareth Center for the Arts as I am the money guy and I Handle the money here! When people come in they give me $10.00 For the show! I Really enjoy doing this activity and I Get to see some great Music Shows!! Would like to thank Ross Nunamaker for the opportunity and This was my 1st job ever as I Got this before I Got my Nazareth Job!

Lastly, On Thursdays at 2pm thanks to the wonderful staff at Moravian Hall Square in Nazareth Peggy Hazelman and Maria Holland I Am able to go up there and call BINGO Numbers to the residents, mostly ladies, some men come too but mostly Women! These women really like their Bingo and for the most part they do understand me when I Say the numbers!! Maria calls them back just incase they miss what I Say!! This is a great experience because I Get to see what it is to be at that age and the faculity is beautiful there, I Want to thank Peggy for giving me a awesome opportunity.

My goals of Working are as follows: I Would like to work as a receptionist, a cashier in a store, I Can be fast when needed so I Believe I Can check out items in a store after being trained! I Would also like to be a Greeter like at a Walmart or somewhere. I Have submitted my name in Walmart, Weiss and Giant Stores and also Wegmans.

If any of you can help somehow get me in a store working or somewhere else, feel free to e-mail me at Nazoeagle12@yahoo.com or nazoeagle@rcn.com. I Get a long with anybody, and have experience with people that aren’t so nice. Having 3 years of College under my belt really trained me in that area!!! I Love everybody, I Don’t care if they are White, Black, Green or Red!! Everybody is the same and Everybody is treated the same way!!!! I Also care about everybody, when somebody get hurt or something I am worried about them until I Hear they are ok! That just how I am as a Human being!!! Even if it a animal, I Care for them too!



I started my schooling all the way back in Elementary School at Paxinosa Elementary School and then went to East Hills Middle School for 1 year and then Nitschman Middle School for 1 year in learning support classes. In 2000 A Lady who is from the IU Unit 20 told my parents I Would NEVER Survive with regular students in a regular school and boy did I Fool that lady. I Got to come home in my hometown of Nazareth and spent 2 years at Nazareth Middle School with Donna Sabatie and Linda Attwood as my teachers and at that time I Was walking with a walker and was delivering attendence papers in a manual wheelchair everyday and was in Regular Classes too. I Then went on to Nazareth High School where I Spent 4 years 2000-2004. I Had learning support teachers as my advisors and had 2 classes with them but for the most part I Was in regular classes, Ray Kaminski was the best High School Teacher, he really helped me out there!! Had Tom Edwards as my helper for 2 years and then Jim Skrabits for a year as my aide! I Was on the Newspaper staff and on the Yearbook staff!

In 2005 I Traveled out west to Johnstown PA Where I Was from 2005-2008- 3 years away from home which was hard for my mom but it was EASY FOR ME. Maybe the 1st week was tough for me but after that it was a piece of cake! In 2005 And 2006 I Was in General Office Clerk classes where I Learned about working in a office setting. I am still very interested in working in a office if anybody is willing to give me a shot!!

After I Was finished with General Office Clerk, I Then Decided to try ASB Accounting which involves a lot of numbers. It takes a lot of thinking I Must admit!! I Really enjoyed the classes.. If I Do get a Accounting job I Might need a refreshing class to remind me how to do those Accounting numbers because it been since April of 2008. 3 years now. Vaughn Stuft who is retired now was a great teacher at HGA Teacher!!

While I Was at HGA Johnstown, Sally White and Trudy Jones gave me a opportunity at nights to work with the students in the Recreation Department as I Help in the Ceramic Area and in the Dance Area and was able to lock the GYM Doors and REC Doors every night at 10:30pm and was able to help with the students when they were kinda down and upset. I Was able to make them smile and feel better, like I Motivated them or something!! It gave me a good feeling inside me that I Helped them feel better!!!

I Would like to work with KIDS in a school in some form, I Like to be 1 on 1 with them helping them when they are upset and help them with homework etc. That the biggest thing I would like now, is working with kids and making a difference in their academic career and life career too! If you can help, let me know please! I Never knew I Had this in me until I Had the opportunity when I Was at HGA JOHNSTOWN. That really got me in liking to help kids! I Wish I Knew that before I Went to HGA. I Would of went to a college to get trained to be a teacher or something! WHO KNEW I Would like doing it so much!

Once again, If you have any ideas of helping me find Employment please let me know at nazoeagle12@yahoo.com or nazoeagle@rcn.com. I Really want to get out of my house and get out there working and making money!! You have no idea how important it is to me to get out there working. Just ask my aide Diana Back, I Think I Drive her nuts everyday because I Talk about it everyday at least once a day!! It only because I Really do want out there, I Would like to go to bed every night thinking Hey, When I Wake up the next Morning I Can go to work and being around. I Love my mom and my aide Diana but this is my house and it gets tiring to see the same walls everyday!

I am a big fan of the PA HOUSE And PA Senate as I Watch every single session on the PENNSYLVANIA Cable Network!! I Been watching since Middle School!!! Not sure how I Got hook to that but I Did!!!!! I AM PROBABLY THE ONLY GOOFY GUY THAT WATCHES EVERY SESSION!!! They invited me there in 2005!!!

Also, I am the biggest sports fan at Nazareth as I am at every Nazareth Football and Basketball game and Wrestling Matches and Baseball Games! I Even go to all the practices even in SNOW AND RAIN!! I AM ALWAYS THERE ROOTING ON THE BLUE EAGLES!!!!

I Do have a e-mail network called the ‘’ANDY WEAVER E-MAIL NETWORK’’ And I E-MAIL About 400 people on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays! If you would like to be added get in contact with me and I Will add you!!!!

I Want to thank all of you for your time and patience and if you can help me, that would be so wonderful as I Really want to be with people!!

Thanks and Best Wishes,

Andy Weaver from Nazareth PA

No comments: