Saturday, June 22, 2013

Traditional stop at the Weave's house went past midnight

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

FROM KEITH GROLLER


As I've done for many years now, I stopped at Andy "The Weave" Weaver's house in Nazareth on Thursday night to do my column after the McDonald's Lehigh Valley All-Star Football Game.
It has become our tradition and it was nice to catch up with "The Weave" and his father, Tom, and find out the latest on all things Nazareth after my column was filed.
I wound up staying around and talking so long that it was past midnight until I left. Since the Weavers have RCN, we watched a replay of the game I had just seen live a couple of blocks away at Leh Stadium.
I have to say that "The Weave" has become one of the most popular figures in local sports. Everybody knows "The Weave," and everybody likes him. That's because he cares so much about everyone on the local scene. He doesn't just belong to Nazareth anymore. He's more of a Lehigh Valley icon now, but he'll always bleed Blue Eagle blue.
It was nice of the Weavers to allow me to come back to their house and use their Internet connection and their desk area.
But it was even better to catch up with the latest happenings with Andy, who has been a friend for a long time now.
David Mika, Jr., had given "The Weave' an EasternPAfootball.com hat, which he wore proudly. Made me feel bad because this was one time I didn't bring Andy anything. I owe him.

No comments: