Saturday, April 26, 2014

Allentown's David Miller delivers the #hashtags talking about Garnett and Carmelo on ESPN's SportsNation show

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/

FROM KEITH GROLLER


As we said in a feature a few weeks ago, Allentown native David Miller (seen below in a photo with LL Cool J) is a rising star in Los Angeles television, working the pregame and postgame shows on the Time-Warner Cable channel out there dedicated to the Lakers.David Miller with Ice Cube
I believe he's headed for national stardom.
Take a look at these appearances on SportsNation, co-hosted once again by Michelle Beadle and Max Kellerman.
In one segment, he calls out Kevin Garnett.
"I would like you, Michelle, to run some video footage of Kevin Garnett getting into a fight. Oh, yeah, that's right. We don't have any. I'd love to coach KG, however, I've never seen KG get into it with somebody.There's a lot of talk. You've got to talk the walk. I love his defense, I love the way he directs. But he doesn't scare me and I'm just a white boy from Allentown, Pa."
And then in another segment he encourages Carmelo Anthony to take less money to stay with Phil Jackson and the Knicks and refers to Carmelo's wife, La La, as the key to him staying put.
Miller said: "What do you get judged on in the NBA? You get judged on championships. You get judged on rings. What's $15 million less? Carmelo's made over $130 million."
Beadle interjected: "Did you just say what's $15 million less?'
Miller: "Living in Manhattan Beach has warped me. However, La La's got money. They can make that up. I want him to give up money like they did in Miami or like Tim Duncan did in San Antonio, if, in fact, you're true to your word that you want to win a championship. You've got to listen to your wife. All good marriages, you listen to your wife. You know what La La's got to tell him?
"La La's got to tell him: Hey sweetie, don't be greedy. We've got enough to feed the needy. Take less money."
Great stuff.


No comments: